Friday, April 02, 2010

Miradam's Musings

~ I (Miranda) have been spending a lot of time with my sis lately, so much so that her couch fiasco (the furniture store is giving them a hard time about their warranty) has ended up in my nightmares. While some might say that means we've been seeing too much of each other, I think it's cute (though I don't welcome further nightmares :)

~ Last month, we had the winning bid in the Thirst Relief Auction for a mentor session with Kenny Kim. It's so phenomenal that the auction raised over $41,000 to provide safe, clean drinking water for those in need around the world. Can't beat donating to such a great cause, and having the opportunity to "talk-shop" with such an awesome photographer. We look forward to our session with him!

~ I (again, Miranda) purchased some Sketchers Shape-ups, and while I feel like I look like Herman Munster in them, I'll tolerate it, because I really do feel the burn wearing them.

~ We had a huge response to our internship this year! It almost made me blush a little :) We're looking forward to our new intern, Molly, starting in Mid-May!

~ We've been trying to schedule as much fun in as possible before wedding season is in full force, because as our friends know, we then fall off the face of the earth and live in the wonderful world of weddings. Don't get me wrong, we have a blast doing what we love during wedding season! We just have less time for our social life. Here's what we've been up to over the last couple of weeks:

  • Went to see Vampire Weekend! Since I (Miranda) have seen a million punk and rock shows, I've learned the art of worming your way to the front, so that's where we were! Apparently the adorably naive girl who had been standing there for 3 hours did not understand that's how rock concerts are, so she she was quite upset and put her seemingly illegally obtained beer in my face (apparently very proud of her fake ID) and told me to get my 18-year-old-a** out of there. I thanked her for the compliment :) It's not every day someone under-guesses your age by a decade! On a side note, we also ran into Laura & Eric there!
  • Took our nieces to see If You Take a Mouse to School at First Stage Theater. It was so much fun to see their faces light up!
  • Bought tickets to the Brewers' Opening Day (this coming Monday)! We're pumped! We'd love some suggestions for good tailgating food...
  • Have been having dinner with a lot of our friends lately! After dinner with Kelly & Dave, we stopped for a cocktail and stumbled upon some karaoke! We're hoping to post a video at some point but just haven't had the time to figure out the logistics of that (we need to edit the video on our iPhone... Any tips?).
  • Went on a tour of the Pabst Mansion. They told us that it's rare to see people from Milwaukee on the tour even though the mansion is in Milwaukee! So we recommend our fellow Milwaukeeans to check it out! We loved it. (Photo below from Wikipedia.)
  • Had a game night with Adam's family. Seriously, I'm curious how many decibels we raise in laughter :)
Have a great weekend, everyone! Talk to you soon!
~Miranda & Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment