Friday, May 15, 2009

Robin & Justin's Wedding ~ Punta Cana

Robin and Justin were such an awesome couple, game for any crazy idea Amy or I had... from lying on a tree, to feeding birds, to wandering around the spa, to taking a dip in the ocean (you'll see that last one in an upcoming blog post), it seemed they didn't care where they were or what they were doing, as long as they were together (and kissing!).

As I mentioned in my "Day (x5) in the Life: Punta Cana Syle" blog post, I had the fantastic opportunity to second shoot a wedding for Amy of Ardent Photography. Amy and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Robin and Justin and their friends and family over the course of our trip, and I'd like to thank them all for making an impression on our lives :)

Here are a few of my favorite shots...











(This photo makes me laugh every time I look at it! The guys were standing there in the last few minutes before the wedding, when all of a sudden a beach-goer stopped to wait for the trolly. He couldn't be perched more proud! lol)











(Robin's family pastor came to Punta Cana to perform their ceremony, and there wasn't a dry eye in sight!)









(I love this sweet private moment Robin and Justin shared right before their guests came to congratulate them :)
























(One of the most unique trees I've ever seen + gorgeous peacocks roaming around + a fantastic couple = one of those moments behind the camera that photographers cherish.)







(Robin and Justin are the only couple Amy and I have ever seen to serve their own cake to their wedding guests! It was so cute!)



(Amy and I asked the open-air restaurant on the beach to slow town the tunes so Robin and Justin could share their first dance. Such beautiful ambiance...)

I'll be posting some photos soon from their Unbridaled Session... Can't wait!

In the meantime, Adam and I are brainstorming on where we'll take our next vacation (don't these photos inspire those type of thoughts?). Any suggestions? ... or destination weddings coming up? :)

~Miranda

1 comment:

  1. beautiful work! It was great having you there to shoot with me!

    ReplyDelete